Director| Expert Wedding & Event Planner
WINNER of “BEST WEDDING PLANNER” at The Bristol & Somerset Wedding Awards 2014 & 2015 plus “MOST POPULAR WEDDING PLANNER” at The Wedding Industry Experts Awards 2014 & 2015.
I love getting to know each and every one of my clients. It’s one of my favourite parts about the job, and I am privileged to be able to call many of my couples friends now. Here’s a little about what makes me tick so you can start getting to know me.
Five Facts about Olivia
1. First things first: I am incredibly passionate about what I do. Ever since I was small, I’ve known I wanted to be a wedding and events planner. I studied events management for four years, and since getting my degree I have taught other students in the industry. I love making people happy – plain and simple, so to be able to play a small part in the happiest day of someone’s life is the greatest feeling in the world. No matter how many weddings I’m involved with, I don’t think I’ll ever stop feeling that mix of excitement, adrenaline and pride as I see the months of planning all come together, and watch two people start an amazing new chapter of their lives together.
2. I’m a bit musical theatre crazy (waving her jazz hands!). I pretty much know all the lyrics to many West-End shows, and if you pull up alongside me at traffic lights, or come across me cooking dinner when I think no-one’s listening, you’re likely to find me belting out Andrew Lloyd-Webber’s greatest hits.
3. Italy has stolen a piece of my heart. There’s something about the light in cities like Florence and Venice that I’ve never found elsewhere. It’s softer and more golden, like something out of a painting. It’s also inspired me to get cooking, and my quest for the perfect Bolognese continues!
4. I’m an autumn girl. Don’t get me wrong, I love a summer wedding, but I’m at my happiest when the leaves start to turn and there’s the first whisper of a chill in the air.
5. My family are everything to me. I love to just relax and spend quality time with my soon-to-be husband, Oliver, and our beautiful baby boy, Jacob. Whether it’s heading out for a walk in the gorgeous South Gloucestershire countryside or hunkering down in front of an old movie, being around them is my favourite place to be.
Host Event Management covers the areas of Bristol, The Cotswolds, Gloucestershire and the South West but can help clients throughout the UK or even further afield.
If you’d like to find out more about me, and what Host Event Management might be able to do for you, why not get in touch for a consultation call? I’d love to hear about your wedding plans.